Phil Neville-"only one premier league player will make Real Madrid first eleven"

David De Gea is the only Premier League player good enough to force his way into the current Real Madrid side.

That is the verdict of former Manchester United and England man Phil Neville, who has criticised the overall standard of the Premier League.

Zinedine Zidane’s Real have enjoyed another fine campaign and remain on course to win both La Liga and the Champions League.

And having watched the Spanish outfit beat rivals Atletico Madrid 3-0 in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final clash, Neville believes only one Premier League player would make it into the Real starting XI.

‘I was in the Bernabeu, watching Real play Atletico in the Champions League and I saw Real play to a level that I don’t think anyone in the Premier League can get anywhere near,’ the 40-year-old said on Match of the Day.

‘It’s no surprise that we don’t have any teams in the semi-finals of the Champions League.

‘I looked at the Real Madrid team and I thought, how many players from the Premier League can get in that side?

‘I thought maybe one – David De Gea as goalkeeper as I don’t think Keylor Navas is top, top drawer.

‘But apart from that, I don’t see any other player.’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Messi doesn't think he can become friends with Ronaldo one day

Ibrahimovic: Since I left nobody except much from Sweden

Rooney to miss Man Utd next two games

Tammy Abraham ready to prove his Worth for England national team

Man Utd beats St Etienne to progress in Europa League

Watch Ronaldinho deliver a face off killing pass to Guily against Real Madrid

It will be "suicidal", if we pack the bus against Al Ahly in CAF champions league final

Chelsea and Monaco reach agreement for Bakayoko deal