Rooney to miss Man Utd next two games
The Manchester United skipper suffered a muscle injury in United’s 3-0 win away to Leicester City, and is yet to recover since. He has missed three games after that, and looks all set to be on the sidelines for at least a week more. Jose Mourinho revealed in his pre-match press conference on Monday that Rooney will miss the Europa League tie against Saint-Étienne, and there is no guarantee that he will play on Sunday. England defender, Phil Jones, is also injured. The Portuguese said, as quoted by The Times : Rooney is injured and Phil Jones is injured. I don’t think they will recover [to face Saint-Étienne]. Rooney and Jones haven’t trained with the team yet so I don’t think they will be there.” When asked if Rooney could miss Sunday’s match, Mourinho replied: “I don’t know.” United face Chelsea in their next FA Cup tie, and odds are against them to beat the Premier League leaders in the quart...
Comments
Post a Comment